Substance Abuse Care
Sophia is the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Community Outreach Coordinator. Her outreach and care coordination role are significant to the county; connecting individuals to services has been challenging due to a lack of information about available services, transportation, and stigma associated with treatment services. To further understand her role, look at the scope of work below.
- Develop a plan to educate, engage, and refer individuals for services.
- Develop relationships and formal working agreements with community treatment providers to include the scope of work and sharing of information.
- Coordinate to aid overcoming barriers to receiving services.
- Remain engaged with the individual until services are initiated.
- Maintain detailed documentation of all efforts to engage individuals and provide community education and outreach.
As a county, we must continue to hold each other accountable. The substance abuse care coordinator is here to help tackle the high need for substance abuse treatment. Together we will see a difference and witness a safer residence.
- Increase the number of individuals from Franklin County who engage in treatment services.
- Decrease the number of individuals who are re-arrested due to crimes related to substance abuse.
- Promote recovery within the community through education and outreach.
- Promote the use of telehealth for treatment services, as appropriate.